Educators act ethically and maintain the integrity, credibility and reputation of the profession:

How I met Standard 2 in Practicum 490:

I was dressed professionally and kept a well groomed appearance every day. I took pride in my role as a role model for my students and acted accordingly. I modelled positive and inclusive behaviour at all times. All students were valued and diversity was celebrated! I showed respect for my coaching teacher, and her classroom, by respecting the established expectations already in place. Every day I was early, which showed my commitment to a respect for time.

Β 

I showed a respect for the school culture and got to know a lot of other educators during my time there. I also held my behaviour to s higher standard during my time at Hart Highlands, I embedded myself in the schools community and culture, got to know colleges, and parents. I treated all coworkers with respect and collaborated.

I was a role model for students during my practicum and took my position as an educator and role model seriously.

How I met Standard 2 in Practicum 491:

In 491, I got to know most staff through conversations and meeting everyone (staff room). I embedded myself into the school culture and always conducted myself as a professional. In this practicum, I stopped seeing myself as a university student and started to see myself as a new educator. By building connections with fellow educators, I began to collaborate, such as when I set up learning with the librarian (emails).

I continued to show up to school early every day, dressed formally, groomed, with a positive energy, and ready to be a leader for my class. I represented UNBC with integrity and treated all students and staff members with respect. I held myself to a higher standard.

I asked my coaching teacher about situations I may find myself in, and how I should handle them as a professional.

Principal was able to trust me and leave me a lone this week, so my coaching teacher could assist with short coverage in other classrooms. This showed me that I was a professional now and someone who can contribute to a school environment.