My coaching teacher told me she was comfortable with me taking over her class and doing extra full days if I wanted. So I will continue doing full days moving forward!!!Β  I have also coordinated with the school’s PE teacher, and I will be teaching a special First Nations PE lesson next week. I also planned for Ab Ed to come into the class for a puppet show next week.

In my second week, I taught over 16 official lessons, with 2 formal observations in Art and Science. I have discussed doing more than the recommended 3 observed with my coaching teacher.

Highlights from week 2:

– I took a really cool DLC kit out and used it for a very exciting science lesson! I provided a lot of exciting demonstrations and then the entire class did a fun experiment about friction. I build a hot wheels track and put different things on the track (salt, paper, snow, water, etc). Students would make predictions about how far the car would travel down the track with the different surfaces. It was my most engaging lesson yet and the DLC kit made it extra special. I also did an exit slip to try out a new kind of assessment.

– I have been working one on one with some students with exceptionalities in my class. Just building my skills in these situations and getting a very well rounded approach to teaching.

– My literacy interventions groups have been going well. I work with 6 students and plan exciting lessons to build their literacy skills.

– My math unit on graphing has been really hands on and engaging. This week I completed an assessment piece, because we are halfway through my unit. The assessment went well and I was able to use it to plan my next lessons. I have an assessment binder for my math unit plan that I will want to show you on Monday.

– I have also been teaching a health unit on healthy eating and have been trying to incorporate it in to other subjects. We did a related art activity. I have been creating a lot of cross curricular lessons and connecting things from different subject areas in unique ways.