Week 3 already

It was a great week for science because the Rovers landing tied in to my science unit perfectly! I

taught  science every day this week because the students were so engaged! Originally I only had 1 science lesson planned, but I adapted because the students were so engaged about the

rover and I saw potential for really great learning and inquiry based learning! We live streamed the landing, watched loads of videos about it, made some cool “moon phase sliders” and a “universe in a box”. Then we started to wrap up our unit on the moon and earth’s rotation!

I created some really fun games in gym, one being called “night of the leprechauns” and the students are already begging to play them again.

On Tuesday I attended a school based team meeting for one of my students, and even got to speak a little about my observations. That was really informative and my coaching teacher answered all of my questions after!

I have been working more closely with some students, and  really focusing on making my lessons accessible for them by using UDL for all my lessons.

I did an observed Math with my practice evaluator on Thursday and an observed Language Arts with my coaching teacher on Friday. My novel study has been going great and we are half way through the novel already! Class discussions have been amazing and students are really connecting to the book.

The partner talks went well all week and we are continuing them into next week. Number talks have been a focal point of all my math lessons this week (I do math every day) and my practicum evaluator gave me some incredible resources to read.

I started working on more of the “fine tuning” elements of teaching this week with my coaching teacher. She has been showing me lots of things (such as assisting me with parent communication, collaborating with other teachers, assessment practices, showing me resources, and much more). She is honestly a wealth of information and allows me to come to her every day with 100s of questions. I feel like I am getting so much out of this practicum!

I have coordinated with another teacher in the building to go and observe next week (this will be during my library and prep time on Wednesday, to avoid loss of teaching time).