Final week in my practicum and lots of incredible learning

. Continuing form last week, IΒ continued to teach full days.

On Monday I did a very unique art concept. I moved all of the desks into a circle, handed everyone a large sheet of paper, and asked them to draw something they like. When they were finished, I had everyone pass their paper to the person on their right. Then they had to add/contribute to the art in front of them. We continued doing this until everyone in the class and contributed to everyone’s art and the students got their original back. Great lesson about connecters and how we should all work together! students loved it!

In Social Studies I did a lesson about our classroom community. I read 2 great books and then handed out coloured paper strips. Students had to write or draw something about themselves on the strips. As they completed the strips, I connected them into a giant chain. The chain got very long and I taught about how all of our strengths and uniqueness come together to make a strong chain. I also demonstrated what would happen if we cut one of the rings (it would all fall apart).

I attended a staff meeting after school, which was a great learning experience.

I attended an extended school based team meeting for one of my students. This was a great way to see a real life example, based on a student I knew.

I observed in a grade 6 class, and helped teach a small lesson. This was a great learning experience and rewarding to see another educator’s teaching style.

On Friday I developed CSL’s for my students based on all of the assessments (both formal and summative) I had completed over the 4 weeks. 1