Week 6 already? WOW! Another great week where I taught full time every single day. On Monday we all worked on our Quail village; as a class, we codeveloped the criteria for the houses and constructed a single point rubric so everyone was set up for success! This made the task of building the quail village more connected with the students! The result was a great ADST lesson that was enjoyed by all. The students go to build from a pile of supplies I had been gathering for the past 6 weeks.

This week I was also a contributing member of a School Based Team Meeting and an IEP Meeting. I felt it was important for me to be involved in these processes so I can learn as much as I can during my practicum.

I coordinated with our school’s Aboriginal Educator, Ms. Dory, and had her come into the class to do a really exciting presentation on Truth and First Peoples teachings. The students all got to make a puppet turtle that they could keep in their desk to remind them about being truthful.

I had my final practice evaluator observed lesson this week (Science). I talked about gravity and how the moon influences the tides. As per all my science lessons, it was very hands-on an d involved a lot of demonstrations and experiments. My practice evaluator took this picture of me. I took the students outside to do a fun demonstration with a bucket of water. The engagement was high and students loved being able to learn outside in the sunshine!

Towards the end of the week, the quails began to hatch!!!!! This was very exciting for me and the students and we stopped my lesson to watch them hatch. It was so exciting for the students to get to witness the hatching and it was a very fun filled afternoon! I cannot wait to see what I can do with these quails in my lessons next week!!!!